- National Cash Back Day * – First Thursday in November
- National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
- National Canine Lymphoma Awareness Day
- National Men Make Dinner Day (Must Cook. No BBQ Allowed!) – First Thursday in November
NATIONAL MEN MAKE DINNER DAY
National Men Make Dinner Day on the first Thursday in November places the man of the house in charge of the kitchen and the evening’s meal.
Some men like to cook and do so on a regular basis. To those men, kudos to you! You can submit your favorite recipe on the National Men Make Dinner website.
This day was created for the men who do not know their way around the kitchen and are not familiar with cooking appliances, as well as for the women in their lives who need a break.
Men need to be aware that there is a list of rules that must be followed, some of which include:
- The main meal must include a minimum of 4 ingredients and require at least one cooking utensil other than a fork.
- The man goes shopping for all the necessary ingredients.
- Clean up as you go.
- Aprons are optional.
For a list of complete rules, see the above-mentioned website.
HOW TO OBSERVE #MenMakeDinnerDay
Have the men in the house prepare a meal and use #MenMakeDinnerDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL MEN MAKE DINNER DAY HISTORY
Sandy Sharkey created National Men Make Dinner Day in 2001.